Passport address issue?

mintuambala

Hello Members,

I am on h4 visa and completed my education. I want to invite my parents for my graduation ceremony in june this year. I have also sent the invitation letter provided by my school.

The address on my parents passport is written differently (for example- the word "extension" is written as "Extn" on my mother's passport and complete on my father's passport. Also the nearest road name/landmark is missing on my mother's passport but is there on my father's passport). And I have the complete address on my passport including the near landmarks name (which i provided to VO during my interview in DS-160 form. So VO have my home country address as the one on my passport which I assume that they will expect to be same for my parents.

When we submitted their DS-160, we wrote the common portion of address in both the passports as their permanent address and also got a separate affidavit for both parents which mentioned that the address on their passport is same as the "common part" of address (the one we provided in DS-160 form).

INTERVIEW process-

My parents went for the interview in January this year. Just to let you know they appeared for interview in their NATIVE language. The VO asked them 3-4 questions about my husband (his company name, position, place of residence etc). They provided correct information to all the questions.

The VO took their passports and went in the back office for a minute and then came back and asked my parents to go to other window where a lady would help them. The lady asked my parents if they changed their address recently. My parents said no and mentioned that they are living at same place from last 10 years. But they did not realize that they need to show the affidavit for address proof that they got notarized, as they had different address on passport and DS-160. The lady then asked about siblings from each of my parents and their names. She then asked them to leave and said that information will be updated online (which means their visa was rejected).

I assume that the reason for their rejection was different addresses on each of parents' passports and on DS-160.

QUESTIONS-

1) Seeing the scenario and questions that they asked, could the difference in address on both parents passport (which is different from mine) be a reason for rejection?

2) How should I enter the address information in DS-160? Should I mention the exact (different) addresses on their passports or write the common address part as i did earlier?

3) Its been almost 3 months since their last rejection, can I schedule their second visa interview? ( as my graduation is in june) Will it be safe?

4) VO did not even ask why they were going to US (else they would have shown the letter from my school). So should I ask them to show the letter themselves somehow and let the VO know that they want to attend my graduation ceremony? Or is their any better way to let VO know that they want to attend my graduation ceremony, if VO does not ask this question?

5) It appears that VO once decided to give them visa, went to the back office after asking questions some questions and then came back (Not sure though)??.

I would really appreciate your guidance.

Thanks

Archived