Lost Indian passport but got a new job and H1B transfer in progress

harish@newyork

Hi,

I lost my passport recently and I got a Full time offer at client place and I had all my photo copies of my passport which I submitted as part of my H1B transfer In the meanwhile I realized that I lost my passport I am going through the police report and following the process to get a new passport. But now the client place HR dept are asking me to show my passport to process my employment at work to sign in the employment papers. So can I tell them that I lost my passport and woould have to apply for a new one. I have a valid H1B petetion with Extension of stay till Jan 2015. So how should I approach them. My start date is on April28th which is specified on the LCA. Can I tell them that I will get my passport back in a month and will show them. I can show my licsense as id..But they need the passport. Please help me with any suggesstions and that would be really helpful

Hi,

I lost my passport recently and I got a Full time offer at client place and I had all my photo copies of my passport which I submitted as part of my H1B transfer In the meanwhile I realized that I lost my passport I am going through the police report and following the process to get a new passport. But now the client place HR dept are asking me to show my passport to process my employment at work to sign in the employment papers. So can I tell them that I lost my passport and woould have to apply for a new one. I have a valid H1B petetion with Extension of stay till Jan 2015. So how should I approach them. My start date is on April28th which is specified on the LCA. Can I tell them that I will get my passport back in a month and will show them. I can show my licsense as id..But they need the passport. Please help me with any suggesstions and that would be really helpful

Show the police report to your HR.

Archived