Regarding H4 Stamping

Bunny rabbit

Hi there – Can you please suggest for my H-4 stamping?

I initially entered US with H4 visa in 2010 and got H1 visa  in 2012.

But, never worked on H1 visa until Jan 2014 (so, no paystubs generated) and moved India in Feb 2014.

Currently am in India and planning to go for H4 stamping (using my husband’s H1B)

For my H-4 Visa stamping, should I disclose my H-1 details above and my SSN?

I never got visa sticker/stamping on my H-1B. It just that I received H-1B and remained idle.

Hi there – Can you please suggest for my H-4 stamping?

I initially entered US with H4 visa in 2010 and got H1 visa  in 2012.

But, never worked on H1 visa until Jan 2014 (so, no paystubs generated) and moved India in Feb 2014.

Currently am in India and planning to go for H4 stamping (using my husband’s H1B)

For my H-4 Visa stamping, should I disclose my H-1 details above and my SSN?

I never got visa sticker/stamping on my H-1B. It just that I received H-1B and remained idle.

Yes, if it is asked you have to disclose details of it. It will not affect your H4 visa application.

• 2 weeks later...

my wife went for H4 stamping, there was some confusion because of DS160 i did not fill H1B number. So they asked my H1B petition and id some check for some time and at the end they took her passport. They did not give any slip or anything.

Does that mean visa will get approved ? 

my wife went for H4 stamping, there was some confusion because of DS160 i did not fill H1B number. So they asked my H1B petition and id some check for some time and at the end they took her passport. They did not give any slip or anything.

Does that mean visa will get approved ? 

Should be fine. But can't assure of visa approval.

Thanks Jairichi

The status did not change after 2 business day it is displaying as Administrative processing. however i can see the last status date was updated to todays.  

Visa Attended date 01-may-14

Last updated :05-May-14

Current status : Aministrative processing.

I am not sure this takes time to update or it may take serval weeks? I am little worried now.

Thanks Jairichi

The status did not change after 2 business day it is displaying as Administrative processing. however i can see the last status date was updated to todays.  

Visa Attended date 01-may-14

Last updated :05-May-14

Current status : Aministrative processing.

I am not sure this takes time to update or it may take serval weeks? I am little worried now.

Wait for a couple of more days and if there is no change in status then it is administrative processing for sure.

Archived