H1B Extension and COS H1B to F1- Simultaneous application

thewinner

Hi,

My employer will be shortly extending my H1B visa and in the meantime I'm considering joining full-time Master's program via a CoS to F1.

Can these two applications go simultaneously? or Am I looking at some risks of clash?

(If yes, then I may need to quit now. Go to my home country, attend F1 interview. This is difficult for me in my current position)

Well, my employer is filing H1Extension and I cannot reveal future plans risking him recalling me to India. (I'm deputed from an Indian MNC). So what risks am I facing by getting these both F1CoS and H1Ext go simultaneously.

The only other option is to quit now, get a fresh F1 and return. In which case, my prior stay in H1B - should it cause any risk?

Well, my employer is filing H1Extension and I cannot reveal future plans risking him recalling me to India. (I'm deputed from an Indian MNC). So what risks am I facing by getting these both F1CoS and H1Ext go simultaneously.

The only other option is to quit now, get a fresh F1 and return. In which case, my prior stay in H1B - should it cause any risk?

Then get your H1 first and think about F1 later.

Archived