on H4 and new H1B appl is filed, need info to travel to india

KranthiGoje

My wife is in US on H4 visa and she may have to travel to India in May. An Employer has filed H1B visa and the lottery result for the application is not known. My questions are:

1. If she travels to India, in the meantime, if her petition is approved, can she come back to US in Aug without appearing for visa stamping and start work from Oct 2014.

2. What are the options available to avoid visa stamping in india (either not to travel at all or return anytime before start of work permit i.e Oct 2014).

Thanks in Advance.

My wife is in US on H4 visa and she may have to travel to India in May. An Employer has filed H1B visa and the lottery result for the application is not known. My questions are:

1. If she travels to India, in the meantime, if her petition is approved, can she come back to US in Aug without appearing for visa stamping and start work from Oct 2014.

2. What are the options available to avoid visa stamping in india (either not to travel at all or return anytime before start of work permit i.e Oct 2014).

Thanks in Advance.

1. She can come back on H4 but to start working from Oct 1st either she exits and enters US with a H1B visa or employer files for COS and pay H1B fee again.

2. Travel only after H1B petition approval.

Archived