I-485 Interview: Jan 2004 - EB3: Please advice

acpnmt

Hello

My GC is filed in EB3 category for India with priority date of Jan-2004. My I -485 was filed back in 2007 and since than on EAD/AP. I have changed job 3 times since 2007 and file AC-21 only for first change.

Recently received notice for I-485 interview. I was surprised and not sure, if this is standard Process for everyone or has been triggered by my Recent job change.

Questions

1) Iam joining my client of last 3 years with Similar Job role, but added management responsibilities. Do I need to file AC-21 before interview ?

2) I was unemployed for 6 months during recession (2011), however was able to earn amount shown on labor. Any advice to address this issue ?

3) Any special preparation needed for this I-485 interview ?

Thanks

Ash

Thanks Belle. Iam consulting couple of attorneys and Preparing for interview on 8th May.

They also suggested to get Job letter from latest job

My Spouse has approved EB2- India Feb 2009 approved I-140. We had tried interoperability back in Feb 2012, when EB2 dates were current.

This is one of the, strategy my attorney is planning to position my case around Spouse approved I-140.

Little worried as today talked to one of my colleague from this company and his I-140 was denied.

He tried MTR and few other things, but was unable to do anything

Will keep you guys posted

Thanks

Ash. 

Archived