H1b transfer without paystubs

asksameer

All,

I have valid h1b since Nov 2007 from Employer A.

I did H1b transfer to Employer B in Nov 2011. Got I797 approval till Nov 2015.

My Visa stamping is still pending (stamping after 3 years extension)

In June 2012 , due to family issues I left US job and came back to India. I worked in India for Indian employer. Now I wanted to go back to USA. I tried to contact my previous employer but he said the job position is not available presently.

So contacted Employer C and he is ready to transfer my H1b, but employer C is asking for most recent paystubs (March 2014). I gave him my old paystubs(till June 2012) but he is saying he needs most recent one only.

In my case I left US job in June 2012, so I dont have paystubs for March 2014 as I dont work for my US employer any more.

So is it possible to do H1b transfer w/o paystubs ?

Regards,

Sam

All,

I have valid h1b since Nov 2007 from Employer A.

I did H1b transfer to Employer B in Nov 2011. Got I797 approval till Nov 2015.

My Visa stamping is still pending (stamping after 3 years extension)

In June 2012 , due to family issues I left US job and came back to India. I worked in India for Indian employer. Now I wanted to go back to USA. I tried to contact my previous employer but he said the job position is not available presently.

So contacted Employer C and he is ready to transfer my H1b, but employer C is asking for most recent paystubs (March 2014). I gave him my old paystubs(till June 2012) but he is saying he needs most recent one only.

In my case I left US job in June 2012, so I dont have paystubs for March 2014 as I dont work for my US employer any more.

So is it possible to do H1b transfer w/o paystubs ?

Regards,

Sam

Looks like employer C is confused and thinks that you are in US. Since you are in India there is no need for recent pay stubs to file a cap exempt H1B petition.

Looks like employer C is confused and thinks that you are in US. Since you are in India there is no need for recent pay stubs to file a cap exempt H1B petition.

jairichi,

I have a question that may look simple but wanted to know the answer. Can a person apply for H1 transfer while working in India assuming he had a valid visa/ i797  at that point of time.

For example,

I have visa stamping valid till Sep 2016. If for some reason I move to India now, is that possible for me to find an employer in the US from there and do the transfer and fly with the visa stamping valid till Sep 2016?

jairichi,

I have a question that may look simple but wanted to know the answer. Can a person apply for H1 transfer while working in India assuming he had a valid visa/ i797  at that point of time.

For example,

I have visa stamping valid till Sep 2016. If for some reason I move to India now, is that possible for me to find an employer in the US from there and do the transfer and fly with the visa stamping valid till Sep 2016?

Yes, absolutely. Employer has to file a cap exempt H1B petition. With a valid H1B visa and I797 you can enter US and join employer.

Yes, absolutely. Employer has to file a cap exempt H1B petition. With a valid H1B visa and I797 you can enter US and join employer.

Thank you Jairichi.

a. When you say cap exempt, does that count as normal H1 transfer?

b. Can any employer apply for cap exempt or are there any criteria?

• 3 months later...

Archived