Timeline:Receiving NORI and H1B application

stpr

Hi,

I've eight months left for my J1 to finish and received the NORI from MHDR. NORI's from the passport office and the state govt. is due. I'm wondering if someone let me know till how long it is safe to get the NORI's from the two govt. agencies and do the further processing to get the NOC followed by H1B visa application. Is it safe if I get the two NORI's by the end of May and apply for NOC, which will take further two months (July end) followed by H1B visa application. In that case I'd have exactly six months left for my J1 visa to end. Thanks for the suggestions and comments. 

My J1-visa is ending on Dec 30, 2014. Just curious to know if I get the NORI's from India by the end of May and J1-waiver by UCSIC by the end of August, what is the probability I'll be able to get the H-1B in normal circumstances? Should I opt for the fast-track processing in that case? Thanks in advance for the suggestions

Hi,

I've eight months left for my J1 to finish and received the NORI from MHDR. NORI's from the passport office and the state govt. is due. I'm wondering if someone let me know till how long it is safe to get the NORI's from the two govt. agencies and do the further processing to get the NOC followed by H1B visa application. Is it safe if I get the two NORI's by the end of May and apply for NOC, which will take further two months (July end) followed by H1B visa application. In that case I'd have exactly six months left for my J1 visa to end. Thanks for the suggestions and comments. 

Once you submit all the three NORI to Indian embassy in US, you can expect your J1 waiver between 2-3 months...so, your H1B application has plenty of time!!! all the best.

Archived