How to know if my case has been picked in regular processing?

rmbv

Hi,

Is there any way to identify if my case has been picked up by lottery?

Is waiting the only option??!! or can the attorney check if the H1 fee has been deducted from the account...

One of my friend mentioned that until the start the processing the fee will not get processed until the file moves to processing status? Is this true?

H1 has been filed under regular processing...

Hi,

Is there any way to identify if my case has been picked up by lottery?

Is waiting the only option??!! or can the attorney check if the H1 fee has been deducted from the account...

One of my friend mentioned that until the start the processing the fee will not get processed until the file moves to processing status? Is this true?

H1 has been filed under regular processing...

1. Wait for the receipt. 
2. Find out from the Employer if your application fee check was cashed or not. I tried this, but HR denied reviewing it.
3. Call USCIS--Prepare to wait for more than 1 hour. You'll require your work address,I think it's lawyer info. 
(not sure, but it's the USCIS contact person on your behalf-- you'll need to review your H1B application for this),
Your name etc. -- This is how I found out that I got selected in the lottery last year. 
4. Call your International office to find out if your SEVIS status has been changed or not. If changed, you are selected.

Hope this helps 

skc40: thanks for info. Are (1) to (4) in sequence, or are you saying you have four options? Isn't email receipt to your immigration attorneys the earliest anyways so no point in trying to find out about fees or calling USCIS unless your firm's immigration attorney is unwilling to answer your question?

Here is a good article:

http://www.murthy.com/2014/03/17/h1b-cap-timeline-expectations-for-fy15/

Thanks,

Reza

skc40: thanks for info. Are (1) to (4) in sequence, or are you saying you have four options? Isn't email receipt to your immigration attorneys the earliest anyways so no point in trying to find out about fees or calling USCIS unless your firm's immigration attorney is unwilling to answer your question?

Here is a good article:

http://www.murthy.com/2014/03/17/h1b-cap-timeline-expectations-for-fy15/

Thanks,

Reza

I mean you may have other options, but these are the four options that I know. I tried all the options mentioned and the one that worked me was by calling USCIS. After that, called the university and verified receipt number just to be on the safe side. And, I was one of the last person in my company to receive application receipts via mail, so waiting for it wasn't an option. 

Regarding receiving email notification, Shouldn't the option be selected in the application? While applying last year, I don't think I selected that option. But yeah, either way the point is to find out if you got selected or not no matter what option you choose. 

Hi...I tried calling USCIS...it appears they have changed the rule...only employer or the representative are allowed to make enquiries on H1....My Employer is not willing to make an enquiry...they also confirmed that the fee for all cases filed by employer have not been debited...The waiting game is still on...!!! :-(

Hi...I tried calling USCIS...it appears they have changed the rule...only employer or the representative are allowed to make enquiries on H1....My Employer is not willing to make an enquiry...they also confirmed that the fee for all cases filed by employer have not been debited...The waiting game is still on...!!! :-(

You cannot inquire about your H1 because that's not your petition. That's employer's petition, patience matters here...!!!

1. Wait for the receipt. 
2. Find out from the Employer if your application fee check was cashed or not. I tried this, but HR denied reviewing it.
3. Call USCIS--Prepare to wait for more than 1 hour. You'll require your work address,I think it's lawyer info. 
(not sure, but it's the USCIS contact person on your behalf-- you'll need to review your H1B application for this),
Your name etc. -- This is how I found out that I got selected in the lottery last year. 
4. Call your International office to find out if your SEVIS status has been changed or not. If changed, you are selected.

Hope this helps 

It is not possible for the beneficiary to get information from USCIS.

USCIS will just tell him that they don't give out that information. They can only give it to the petitioner and his lawyer.

Archived