H1B from ***** Vs Small Desi Consultancy Company

frieds4u

Hi,

I have got 2 H1B approved petitions. One from small desi consultancy company and another from my current employer *****.

Before I got my H1B approved from *****, I got H1B petition approved from Desi Consultancy company and I also got my visa stamped with the same.

Now, *****has also got my H1B approved and they are also asking me to apply for new visa stamp on my passport. I believe this will cause my previous passport stamp from Desi company to be cancelled (due to new stamp from *****).

My dilemma is whether to travel based on ***** H1 or based on Desi Company H1.

- ***** will give me around 15K/annum less than the Desi company for salary.

- ***** may not file for my GC.. and file then I am not sure whether it will be EB2 or EB3.

- Desi Company will give me more salary but I have to find projects by myself (I will be on my own)  and I will have no technical or other support available for my projects.

- Desi company typically pay a lower salary as shown in LCA and pay the rest as a bonus. I have also heard people having problems in Desi companies for getting their money on time.

- Desi company will make sure that I don't have to come back to India even if it is bench period.

- ***** work culture is bad...extra hours working, weekend working etc with no rewards.

I am a senior IT professional having around 12 yrs of exp and will be with my wife and 2 kids... I don't have much idea on working with Desi companies..

Please help me make the decision and share your thoughts on whether it is advisable to go with ***** OR join Desi company (45-50 employees).

Archived