US resident sponsoring indian parents for trip to UK and Europe

tp2008

My parents are indian citizens living in india. I am a indian citizen, US green card holder. I want to sponsor them for a short fully paid trip to europe for which they will have to get a UK and Shengen visa. I will be financially sponsoring them for the trip and any incidentals.

Their travel agent tells them that I have to send them bank statements and a letter of support - which is fine. But he says I should also provide 3 years of my US tax returns - which seems crazy.

Does anyone have experience with this? Or have detailed knowledge of the true UK and shengen sponsorship requirements? Most information I find is for EU residents sponsoring family to visit them - that does not apply to me. Any information much appreciated.

Thanks.

My parents are indian citizens living in india. I am a indian citizen, US green card holder. I want to sponsor them for a short fully paid trip to europe for which they will have to get a UK and Shengen visa. I will be financially sponsoring them for the trip and any incidentals.

Their travel agent tells them that I have to send them bank statements and a letter of support - which is fine. But he says I should also provide 3 years of my US tax returns - which seems crazy.

Does anyone have experience with this? Or have detailed knowledge of the true UK and shengen sponsorship requirements? Most information I find is for EU residents sponsoring family to visit them - that does not apply to me. Any information much appreciated.

Thanks.

What is wrong in sharing it with your parents? Send it to them and if needed they will show it to authorities in UK consulate.

I know it is a wrong question to ask in US immigration forum, I am also looking to sponsor my parents trip to UK on a short term (6 months) visitor visa. Update this post on how everything went for your parents and list of documents submitted by your parents.

What is wrong in sharing it with your parents? Send it to them and if needed they will show it to authorities in UK consulate.

I know it is a wrong question to ask in US immigration forum, I am also looking to sponsor my parents trip to UK on a short term (6 months) visitor visa. Update this post on how everything went for your parents and list of documents submitted by your parents.

That agent is asking for tax returns. It contains OP's SSN on it. That's not safe to share those details to unknown person.

That's why avoid agents.

Archived