When is the best time to apply for an admission before OPT expiration if my application not picked in H-1B lottery 2014?

dhruuv369

My OPT period is expiring in the 2nd week of May, 2014. I have applied H-1B Advance Degree and Premium processing. However, no one from my employer or the Attorney side knows when I would get some sort of confirmation from USCIS regarding my application. 

Since the total number of applications for H-1B are huge, just to be prepared for the worst outcome from the Lottery held by USCIS on April 10th 2014, could you please answer my questions below?

1) what is the best possible dates that I can get admission into a college before my OPT expires?

2) What are the issues that I can anticipate if I do not get my admission from any college and my OPT expires before this?

3) Also, can you guide me if any other issues would come out? 

My OPT period is expiring in the 2nd week of May, 2014. I have applied H-1B Advance Degree and Premium processing. However, no one from my employer or the Attorney side knows when I would get some sort of confirmation from USCIS regarding my application. 

Since the total number of applications for H-1B are huge, just to be prepared for the worst outcome from the Lottery held by USCIS on April 10th 2014, could you please answer my questions below?

1) what is the best possible dates that I can get admission into a college before my OPT expires?

2) What are the issues that I can anticipate if I do not get my admission from any college and my OPT expires before this?

1. Before the college admission ends. Most colleges will no longer accepting applications for fall semester.

2. No issue. You just have to leave US.

1. That's not an option. Joining some school just to stay in US is misuse of immigration laws.

2. Don't you have OPT ext?

3. You will be in trouble if you join some school and won't finish that program.

Attending school is for studying NOT for finding an excuse to remain in the US. Admissions deadlines for advanced degrees at decent schools are past. You are better served by going home (like you said you would do when you were granted and F1 visa) and getting real world work experience.

Archived