Visa Stamping - Interview Waiver Program or Drop box question

sat_g

Hi,

Please help me to know the eligibility for drop box or IWP.

I am in US.   I am with the same employer for 10+ years in H1B.   My last stamping in 2011-May in India.  My visa got extended in 2013-April.  I am going to India for stamping next month (2014-May).  

I am not sure about following last eligible question for drop box or IWP.

If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

Hi,

Please help me to know the eligibility for drop box or IWP.

I am in US.   I am with the same employer for 10+ years in H1B.   My last stamping in 2011-May in India.  My visa got extended in 2013-April.  I am going to India for stamping next month (2014-May).  

I am not sure about following last eligible question for drop box or IWP.

If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

When did your H1B visa stamped in your passport expire? If it expired beyond the last 12 months then you are not eligible.

Thanks jairichi.    My H1B last visa stamping in my passport expire in April 2013 and I am going for the visa stamping in May 2014.  Since the gap is more than 12 months, I think I am not eligible for both drop box or IWP.    Please confirm.

Thanks jairichi.    My H1B last visa stamping in my passport expire in April 2013 and I am going for the visa stamping in May 2014.  Since the gap is more than 12 months, I think I am not eligible for both drop box or IWP.    Please confirm.

That is correct. If you had gone this month you can use drop box facility.

Archived