DS-160 Question

deep_bi

I got I20 and applying for DS-160.Under Family Information,it was asking if parents/siblings/relatives are in US.(Is your father/mother in US -> if choosed yes -> Asking if they are residents or greencard or immigrants.So for my case I have to choose immigrants)

My Mom went on visiting visa recently and My sister is working on H1B but my dad is in india.Hearing from people that it's not good for my visa stamping as my family is in US.How far it's true?

Have 2 options as per suggestions heard till now.

1) As mom is on temporary visa and she has plans to return to India in 2 months.Go with "NO" for the question "Is your Mother in US".But I am mentioning my sister details.

2)Or during filling my DS-160 may be make my mom to visit canada(Not sure how much feasible it is...She has to apply for canada visa and go there for a day when I am filling DS-160).If Canada is not feasible,have to make her come back for a week to India and she has to travel back to USA.

Option 2 seems to be complicated & costly.But not able to choose option 1 too as not sure how far the details are tracked in system.

Kindly suggest your opinions...

I got I20 and applying for DS-160.Under Family Information,it was asking if parents/siblings/relatives are in US.(Is your father/mother in US -> if choosed yes -> Asking if they are residents or greencard or immigrants.So for my case I have to choose immigrants)

My Mom went on visiting visa recently and My sister is working on H1B but my dad is in india.Hearing from people that it's not good for my visa stamping as my family is in US.How far it's true?

Have 2 options as per suggestions heard till now.

1) As mom is on temporary visa and she has plans to return to India in 2 months.Go with "NO" for the question "Is your Mother in US".But I am mentioning my sister details.

2)Or during filling my DS-160 may be make my mom to visit canada(Not sure how much feasible it is...She has to apply for canada visa and go there for a day when I am filling DS-160).If Canada is not feasible,have to make her come back for a week to India and she has to travel back to USA.

Option 2 seems to be complicated & costly.But not able to choose option 1 too as not sure how far the details are tracked in system.

Kindly suggest your opinions...

Answer truthfully and do not try to lie. I believe your mom is in US on visitor status and your sister on H1B status is in no way going to affect outcome of your application. A willful lie will.

Archived