h1b transfer question start date

deepthis

Hello All,

I have a fulltime offer, and i have my h1b visa approved in premium processing, i just have the email from the lawyer saying that my petition was approved. I am planning to join the job in another week. Should I wait till the i797 document is with me? I do not have the soft copy too at this point. please advice.

Thanks in advance

Hello All,

I have a fulltime offer, and i have my h1b visa approved in premium processing, i just have the email from the lawyer saying that my petition was approved. I am planning to join the job in another week. Should I wait till the i797 document is with me? I do not have the soft copy too at this point. please advice.

Thanks in advance

You can join based on approval notice received by employer's attorney. If you want you can wait for the I797 original to reach employer.

Hello all, the new employer received a i797C form today.It has the approval dates. Is this good enough to start working with them? I doesnot have a i94 at the bottom. Please advice. Will the i797A follow in the mail later? thanks

You absolutely need to know whether your I797 comes with an I94. If not you need to exit and enter US with a H1B visa and I797 to be on H1B status and start working.

Archived