Visitor visa for brother and his family

parrry

Hello,

I have been staying in US since last 6 years on H1b . I sponsored my elder brother and his family for visiting us and tourism on B2 visa. They appeared for the interview at New Delhi last week and got the 214b denial letter. They both works for Central and state government & has 2 kids (9 & 7 year old).

The  consulate didn’t ask many questions but said he cannot grant the visa this time due to the rules and regulation being very tight in US.

Here is the list of questions.

Why do you want to go US?

Where your brother lives,  from how long etc..?

Where do you work and your responsibilities ?

In the DS160 I put myself as an sponsor for the trip , expenses and contact during their stay in US. I helped them to fill out the forms and specified my name in the form.

Can you please advise on the next steps? How soon they can re-appear for the interview?

Thanks

Hello,

I have been staying in US since last 6 years on H1b . I sponsored my elder brother and his family for visiting us and tourism on B2 visa. They appeared for the interview at New Delhi last week and got the 214b denial letter. They both works for Central and state government & has 2 kids (9 & 7 year old).

The  consulate didn’t ask many questions but said he cannot grant the visa this time due to the rules and regulation being very tight in US.

Here is the list of questions.

Why do you want to go US?

Where your brother lives,  from how long etc..?

Where do you work and your responsibilities ?

In the DS160 I put myself as an sponsor for the trip , expenses and contact during their stay in US. I helped them to fill out the forms and specified my name in the form.

Can you please advise on the next steps? How soon they can re-appear for the interview?

Thanks

There is no sponsorship involved in visitor visa to US. Your bro and his family has to apply all by themselves and convince VO that they have strong ties to home country and intend to come back after visit. If needed take the help of an attorney.

Their is nothing called sponsoring US visiting visa. Non immigrant CANNOT sponsor ANY US visa.

A visiting visa is for visiting US, not for visiting non immigrant relatives. Moreover you post clearly says that they are completely dependent on you, so what's the guarantee that they will leave after the vacation.

Person who doesn't have enough money for the vacation is not eligible for US visiting visa.

Thanks for your response.

What changes do you recommend for DS-160?

for

- trip expense

- Address during stay etc..

Thanks

Your bro should be able to demonstrate that he is capable of taking care of expenses and not through you. Your address should not be a problem. The important thing is strong ties to home country.

Archived