Giving birth in USA

moony

I have a visitor visa for the USA. I am 5 months pregnant and planning to visit my parents who are settled in the USA for 12 years. I was wondering if I were to deliver my baby in USA, will there be any problem on our green-card process? We are expecting a GC within next 6 months (EB2 Nov’08). I will pay for the entire medical cost by myself.  

Thanks JoeF. Assuming there is no problem with the medical expense and entering the USA. If I deliver a baby there, will there be a problem when we appear for counselor processing? If there are slightest chance of this being a crime, we obviously wouldn't go for it since we are expecting GC within 6 months and at that time baby will get GC along with us. 

Thanks JoeF. Assuming there is no problem with the medical expense and entering the USA. If I deliver a baby there, will there be a problem when we appear for counselor processing? If there are slightest chance of this being a crime, we obviously wouldn't go for it since we are expecting GC within 6 months and at that time baby will get GC along with us. 

You are assuming a lot. Air travel while pregnant is already a risk factor. And you are likely being denied entry due to immigration intent, so that stress and being put on a plane back home would be additional stress factors.

Do things the easy way. Birth tourism doesn't make any sense, and even less sense in your situation.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a visitor visa for the USA. I am 5 months pregnant and planning to visit my parents who are settled in the USA for 12 years. I was wondering if I were to deliver my baby in USA, will there be any problem on our green-card process? We are expecting a GC within next 6 months (EB2 Nov’08). I will pay for the entire medical cost by myself.

You can be denied at POE and barred from entering US. Tread very carefully.

Also get an insurance, else your costs will be easily 20-30k in realistic terms and 80-100k for anything complicated with yourself or baby.

Archived