Un-used/Expired H1B status/Visa : Renewal options

rahul_krishna

Hello There, 

I had my H1B petition approved in 2006 and I got my H1B visa stamping done on September-2007. Have never traveled to US so far. But as I see, the Visa has expired on Sep-2010 and also as I get information from other articles that my petition is also probably expired as on 2012 (6 years).

Would like to have expert opinion, whether I would be eligible for H1B cap exempt in-case of new H1B petition filing ? Is there any other solutions for re-using/revoking/transfer my earlier H1B status ?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Rgds,

Rahul 

Hello There, 

I had my H1B petition approved in 2006 and I got my H1B visa stamping done on September-2007. Have never traveled to US so far. But as I see, the Visa has expired on Sep-2010 and also as I get information from other articles that my petition is also probably expired as on 2012 (6 years).

Would like to have expert opinion, whether I would be eligible for H1B cap exempt in-case of new H1B petition filing ? Is there any other solutions for re-using/revoking/transfer my earlier H1B status ?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Rgds,

Rahul 

You are cap exempt. An employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition anytime. On approval you can travel to US with a valid H1B visa and new I797.

Archived