Change of Last name

Hello Friends, I have a unique situation and I want some input on this. I currently study in university. My name was AA BB( F Name) CC (Last name). I have legally changed my name to AA (F name) BB ( Last name). I did this by changing it in India through gazette and newspapers ads( facilitated by my family). After waiting for a month( which is mandatory) I applied for my new passport in Tatkal from the Chicago Consulate. I received my passport with the updated information. So now the problem is updating here in the United States. I need to update my I-94 to update my SSN and my DL. I contacted the USCIS who directed me to CBP who say I would have to go to India to get the F1 restamped/reissued and then come here and update the information. This is not possible as I cannot go to India. Meanwhile I found a job and they have filed my H-1B according to my new passport. I need to update all my US information according to my new name and I cannot do that until the I-94 is updated. I dont know what to do and I need to get this done urgently.
Would any of you know what is to be done?

Hello Friends, I have a unique situation and I want some input on this. I currently study in university. My name was AA BB( F Name) CC (Last name). I have legally changed my name to AA (F name) BB ( Last name). I did this by changing it in India through gazette and newspapers ads( facilitated by my family). After waiting for a month( which is mandatory) I applied for my new passport in Tatkal from the Chicago Consulate. I received my passport with the updated information. So now the problem is updating here in the United States. I need to update my I-94 to update my SSN and my DL. I contacted the USCIS who directed me to CBP who say I would have to go to India to get the F1 restamped/reissued and then come here and update the information. This is not possible as I cannot go to India. Meanwhile I found a job and they have filed my H-1B according to my new passport. I need to update all my US information according to my new name and I cannot do that until the I-94 is updated. I dont know what to do and I need to get this done urgently.

Would any of you know what is to be done?

If you do not want to do what CBP said then talk to an attorney for other options.

Archived