w2 form and tax returns

suhasinisharma

Hello everyone,

I worked for two different employers during my OPT period and and my h1 got approved for one of those employers during this period and i needed to notify the other employer 2  months prior to quitting the job so i had to work for him even after getting my h1 approved for another employer. So i would like to know if it is going to be a problem if I include exactly this in my DS 160 form since i have two w2 for that year from both the employers and i filed for tax returns for that year using both the w2's and this is my first time going for stamping. Any advise in this regards is greatly appreciate.

You worked illegally.

You did not "have to work for the employer". Notify period or not, not having the authorization to work for the employer is the ONLY thing that matters.

Geez. Why did you wait until now to ask about that?

And you of course have to be truthful on the DS 160. Lying there would make things worse, up to a lifelong ban.

Hello everyone,

I worked for two different employers during my OPT period and and my h1 got approved for one of those employers during this period and i needed to notify the other employer 2  months prior to quitting the job so i had to work for him even after getting my h1 approved for another employer. So i would like to know if it is going to be a problem if I include exactly this in my DS 160 form since i have two w2 for that year from both the employers and i filed for tax returns for that year using both the w2's and this is my first time going for stamping. Any advise in this regards is greatly appreciate.

First point to remember is that on H1 you are supposed to work only for your employer. So that 2 months notice won't be applicable here bcos you are not supposed to work for that employer by LAW

That work will be treated as illegal work.

Archived