H1B transfer between profit & non-profit

Ravi54345

I'm on H1B for past 8 yrs  (6 yrs H1 + got 3 yrs ext on approved I-140).
Till now I have worked for profit organizations and so H1 quota will not apply if I transfer my H1.
Currently working for Company A (profit org). Now I got an offer from Company B(non profit) who will transfer my H1 and sponsor GC. I know that will not be an issue but in case if I have to switch back to Company C (profit), will there be any problem? i.e., will there be any restrictions transferring H1 to profit company C? In that case will I have no option but stick to Company B until I get my green card?

I'm on H1B for past 8 yrs  (6 yrs H1 + got 3 yrs ext on approved I-140).

Till now I have worked for profit organizations and so H1 quota will not apply if I transfer my H1.

Currently working for Company A (profit org). Now I got an offer from Company B(non profit) who will transfer my H1 and sponsor GC. I know that will not be an issue but in case if I have to switch back to Company C (profit), will there be any problem? i.e., will there be any restrictions transferring H1 to profit company C? In that case will I have no option but stick to Company B until I get my green card?

No issue.

Thanks for the response. More clarification please....

No issue to transfer from non-profit to profit because my H1 is beyond 6 yrs? Please clarify.

If I take the offer from ComapanyB (non profit) what are all the steps consdering I dont have EAD?

1. apply for PERM?

2. I-140 transfer?

Thanks for the response. More clarification please....

No issue to transfer from non-profit to profit because my H1 is beyond 6 yrs? Please clarify.

If I take the offer from ComapanyB (non profit) what are all the steps consdering I dont have EAD?

1. apply for PERM?

2. I-140 transfer?

No issue to transfer from non-profit to for profit based on approved I-140.

1. Depends on employer A. If they revoke I-140 your new employer has to start GC from scratch. You can retain only PD.

Archived