OPT expedite request

harsha.mvenkata

I had filed for an OPT application expedite request. I have a job offer starting from April 7th and another one starting from June 2nd. I have been asked to fax my offer letter by USCIS. I want to use my April 7th offer letter and mention in the mail that the company would be able to extend my joining date by 2-3 weeks at the most. The problem is that I am not sure if the company would be willing to extend my joining date, though there is a chance that they might. Would I be taking a risk in sending the offer letter and the mail? Will USCIS call the company HR and ask for verification ?

I had filed for an OPT application expedite request. I have a job offer starting from April 7th and another one starting from June 2nd. I have been asked to fax my offer letter by USCIS. I want to use my April 7th offer letter and mention in the mail that the company would be able to extend my joining date by 2-3 weeks at the most. The problem is that I am not sure if the company would be willing to extend my joining date, though there is a chance that they might. Would I be taking a risk in sending the offer letter and the mail? Will USCIS call the company HR and ask for verification ?

If you are not sure about something then do not mention it. As it would be considered willfully trying to commit fraud.

Archived