No Objection letter from Dubai or India?

partulu

Hello Everyone,

I need advise on a very peculiar situation. I went to USA for 3 months as a visiting scholr from Dubai, that was sponsored by the govt. in Dubai. At that time, I was a legal resident of Dubai (UAE).

I was subject to e212, because I was sponsored by the govt of UAE, and my area fell under the subject list of UAE.

Now, I am no longer a resident of UAE, as I had to give up my residency upon giving my job, and returning to India. I am a legal resident of India now.

Where should I get the no objection letter from? India or UAE(Dubai)?

Hello Everyone,

I need advise on a very peculiar situation. I went to USA for 3 months as a visiting scholr from Dubai, that was sponsored by the govt. in Dubai. At that time, I was a legal resident of Dubai (UAE).

I was subject to e212, because I was sponsored by the govt of UAE, and my area fell under the subject list of UAE.

Now, I am no longer a resident of UAE, as I had to give up my residency upon giving my job, and returning to India. I am a legal resident of India now.

I believe since the funding came from the Govt. of UAE you need a NOC from them.

Hello Everyone,

Please consult some lawyer (who specializes in J1 waiver) since probably this is not a very straight forward query to comment on.

Archived