H1B transfer from India

vishhh

Hi 

My friend is holding a valid H1B visa processed by some ABC company in India. But his company delays much in sending him to USA.  Is it possible for him to transfer his visa to some other employer in India/USA if he quits ABC company in India itself. He basically wants  to travel as soon as possible to USA since he has visa for another 1 year period. 

Your valuable inputs would be appreciated. thank you. 

Hi 

My friend is holding a valid H1B visa processed by some ABC company in India. But his company delays much in sending him to USA.  Is it possible for him to transfer his visa to some other employer in India/USA if he quits ABC company in India itself. He basically wants  to travel as soon as possible to USA since he has visa for another 1 year period. 

Your valuable inputs would be appreciated. thank you. 

New employer has to file a cap exempt H1B petition anytime. On approval he can travel to US with a valid H1B visa and I797. He would get 6 years - time spent already in US on H1B status.

He needs a company to sponsor him. Since the H1B can be used for a total of 6 years it does not matter that there is an expiration date on stamping or approval. He is better off going with a good company. The fact his employer is not sending him says a lot about his skillset not being in great demand at this time

• 2 weeks later...

One of my friend is in same situation. She has a valid visa stamping from previous employer till sep,2015.She has transferred the H1B with a new US employer, being in India.

But does she need to go for visa stamping again before she travels to US?

She can travel with the valid H1B visa and new employer's I797.

Archived