H1B extension receipt notice not received, but receievd H4 receipt notice

relaxedgalaxy

My Employer filed my H1B visa extension, and my wife's H4 extension together.

I got the receipt notice for my wife from USCIS at my home by mail a week later, but it has been over a month since then, and my employer says it has not received receipt notice for my H1B extension.

While my employer/attorney are following up with USCIS on this, my question is since I got receipt notice for my wife, is that some kind of assurance that my petition was filed too? Or is it possible USCIS somehoe processed only my wife's case, but somehow missed mine? I ask this because my visa expiry date is not too far, so I just wanted to know for sure my petiton was filed or not. Thank you!

My Employer filed my H1B visa extension, and my wife's H4 extension together.

I got the receipt notice for my wife from USCIS at my home by mail a week later, but it has been over a month since then, and my employer says it has not received receipt notice for my H1B extension.

While my employer/attorney are following up with USCIS on this, my question is since I got receipt notice for my wife, is that some kind of assurance that my petition was filed too? Or is it possible USCIS somehoe processed only my wife's case, but somehow missed mine? I ask this because my visa expiry date is not too far, so I just wanted to know for sure my petiton was filed or not. Thank you!

Yes, there is a possibility that either your petition was misplaced or lost by USCIS. Was the check for H1B extension cashed by USCIS? Keep in touch with your attorney for an update.

Archived