Passport Expires in Next 3 months

Sri_h1b

Hello,

My passport expires in next 3 months and my H1B approval(I-797) is valid until Jan 2015. What are the steps that i need to take for extention of my passport and does it impact anything on my H1B?

Renew your passport. I believe your I94 also expires the same like your passport. In that case exit and enter US with a valid H1B visa and I797 to get new I94 expiry date or employer files for H1B extension.

Renew your passport. I believe your I94 also expires the same like your passport. In that case exit and enter US with a valid H1B visa and I797 to get new I94 expiry date or employer files for H1B extension.

Thanks for the response. Last month i went to my home country and while returning i did not got any i-94 copy(i heard it is all online now). Where can i get the i-94 now?

Does this mean, do i need to go back to my home country after my i-94 expires and before my H1-B extension?

Thanks for the link and i just looked into it.

My passport expires in August but i-94 is valid until 10 days after my H1-B expiration date. What would be my next steps?

I am sorry for asking you to ask employer to file H1B extension before I94 expiry. Since your I797 is valid till Jan 2015, If you have a valid H1B visa just cross the border and enter with valid I797 and new passport to get new I94.

I am sorry for asking you to ask employer to file H1B extension before I94 expiry. Since your I797 is valid till Jan 2015, If you have a valid H1B visa just cross the border and enter with valid I797 and new passport to get new I94.

i want to explain this clearly and sorry for asking again.....

i loooked into my i-94 with the link provided above. Thanks for that.

I-94 expiry date is January 2015(10 days after my I-797 expiry date)

Passport Expires in August 2014.

What are my next steps ? I am sure..its Passport renewal...after that??

i want to explain this clearly and sorry for asking again.....

i loooked into my i-94 with the link provided above. Thanks for that.

I-94 expiry date is January 2015(10 days after my I-797 expiry date)

Passport Expires in August 2014.

What are my next steps ? I am sure..its Passport renewal...after that??

That is strange to get I94 expiry date beyond passport expiry date. Based on I94 expiry date you are good till Jan 2015. Still talk to your employer's attorney to be 100% sure.

Archived