NORI and DS3035 required documents

stpr

Hi,

I need to contact Indian Embassy, Washington DC to ask whether they have received any NORI certificate on my behalf. Please let me know how should I contact them. Also, what documents are required for DS3035 and along with the NORI certificates for further steps.

Hi,

I need to contact Indian Embassy, Washington DC to ask whether they have received any NORI certificate on my behalf. Please let me know how should I contact them. Also, what documents are required for DS3035 and along with the NORI certificates for further steps.

For NORI certificates from three authorities in India you need to contact Indian consulate that has jurisdiction over your state and not the Indian embassy.

Is the following email correct to contact the Indian consulate at Indian Embassy, Washington DC, to ASK for whether they have received NORI certificates on my behalf from Indian government agencies

consular@indiangov.org

Also, what documents are required with DS3035

Is the following email correct to contact the Indian consulate at Indian Embassy, Washington DC, to ASK for whether they have received NORI certificates on my behalf from Indian government agencies

consular@indiangov.org

Email id is: attacheconsular@indiagov.org

and the contact person is Mr. K. N. Jha

All the best.

consular@indiangov.org

As I told you Indian Embassy will not receive them. It is the Indian consulate that attested your NORI applications.

Hi Jairichi,

First of all, let me thank you for all your help.

I have a quick question: The US DoS received my NOS on January 9th, 2014. However they told that my DS-2019 was missing (although online status shows "DS-2019 received but they asked me to fax ) and the processing of my J-1 waiver would continue after the receipt of my DS-2019. I faxed them on March 27, 2014 but I can not see any further update on the status.

1) Does the processing time (4-6 weeks) start now after I faxed my DS-2019?

2) When can I expect them to process my application and send recommendation to USCIS?

3) Would it be okay to email them?

Thanks so much in advance.

Hi Jairichi,

First of all, let me thank you for all your help.

I have a quick question: The US DoS received my NOS on January 9th, 2014. However they told that my DS-2019 was missing (although online status shows "DS-2019 received but they asked me to fax ) and the processing of my J-1 waiver would continue after the receipt of my DS-2019. I faxed them on March 27, 2014 but I can not see any further update on the status.

1) Does the processing time (4-6 weeks) start now after I faxed my DS-2019?

2) When can I expect them to process my application and send recommendation to USCIS?

3) Would it be okay to email them?

Thanks so much in advance.

1. Only when all documents are received the processing time starts.

2. There is a thread where discussion is going on about current J1 waiver processing timelines. Check that thread.

3. Even if you email or call them you will get standard reply. Better to wait till the posted processing time on their website. Then contact them immediately. 

Archived