Cover Letter for NOS Certificate

Nabil2008

Hey Guys,

Can anyone provide me a brief overview of what a cover letter should state while sending the CGI attested copies of the documents to India ? This is the cover letter that I am attaching with the other documents that will go to each of the offices (Delhi, State government- Maharashtra and Passport office) in India for the NOS document issuance. 

A quick response would be extremely grateful.

Sincerely,

N

Additionally, Can someone also please comment on this concern I have:

My most recent (and valid) passport has been issued from Bahrain (not in India). This is the passport where my J-1 stamp is found. So as I send my documents (for Stage II) for the Waiver process, should I be sending a set of the attested copies from the CGI Office in NYC to Bahrain ? My confusion comes in because my permanent address in India is in Mumbai. Hence alternatively, should this same packet of the attested copies- that is scheduled to go to the regional passport office in Bahrain, actually go to the passport office in Mumbai ? 

Thanks so much for your thoughts and comments on this situation. 

Hey Guys,

Can anyone provide me a brief overview of what a cover letter should state while sending the CGI attested copies of the documents to India ? This is the cover letter that I am attaching with the other documents that will go to each of the offices (Delhi, State government- Maharashtra and Passport office) in India for the NOS document issuance. 

Sincerely,

N

Just briefly state your purpose of sending the packet to concerned authorities.

Sample Cover Letter:

Date:

Place:

From

Dr. MMMMMM,

Address

Email:,

Mobile:.

To

The Section Officer,

ES-5 Section,

External Scholarship Division,

2nd Floor,

Wing-6, West Block-1,

R.K. Puram,

Delhi-110066,

India,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sub: Application for No Obligation to Return to India (NORI) Certificate-reg.

Ref: Indian Passport Number- XXXXXXX and USCIS Waiver case number: YYYYYYY

I am an Indian Citizen (Passport Number: XXXXXXX), currently working as a YYYY in the Department of ZZZZ, University of AAAA, USA. I came to US in J1 visa and subjected to the 2 year home residency rule 212e (which means I need to come back to India at the end of my current J1 program in USA and cannot be able to return to USA for the next two years). I have applied to USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) for a waiver to this 2 year home residency rule (Case number: YYYYYYY). As a part of this application, I need to get No Obligation to Return to India (NORI) from the 1) Ministry of Human Resource Development-Delhi, 2) Regional Passport Office, Maharastra and 3) Maharastra Home Department in order to get a final NORI from the Indian Embassy in Washington-D.C.-USA. Hence I am here by applying to you with the following documents and kindly request you to issue a NORI certificate for me from your office in order to support my Waiver application in USA.

1)      NORI form and Affidavit (USA Notary Public Notarized and Indian Consulate at BBBBB, USA Attested Original Copy)

2)      Copy of my current passport (Number: XXXXXXX)

3)      Copies of my Current J1 US visa, State Identification card (proof of current US address), DS-2019

4)      Copies of my Transcripts, Service Certificates, PAN card, Ration card and Birth Certificate

5)      Copy of my USCIS 212e waiver case number and

6)      A photo of mine

Your help and support in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Sincerely,

MMMMMM

Hey Guys,

Sincerely,

N

hello. yeh I can send you the cover letter. Contact me at my user name in combination with gmail. all the best :)

Sample Cover Letter:

Date:

Place:

From

Dr. MMMMMM,

Address

Email:,

Mobile:.

To

The Section Officer,

ES-5 Section,

External Scholarship Division,

2nd Floor,

Wing-6, West Block-1,

R.K. Puram,

Delhi-110066,

India,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sub: Application for No Obligation to Return to India (NORI) Certificate-reg.

Ref: Indian Passport Number- XXXXXXX and USCIS Waiver case number: YYYYYYY

I am an Indian Citizen (Passport Number: XXXXXXX), currently working as a YYYY in the Department of ZZZZ, University of AAAA, USA. I came to US in J1 visa and subjected to the 2 year home residency rule 212e (which means I need to come back to India at the end of my current J1 program in USA and cannot be able to return to USA for the next two years). I have applied to USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) for a waiver to this 2 year home residency rule (Case number: YYYYYYY). As a part of this application, I need to get No Obligation to Return to India (NORI) from the 1) Ministry of Human Resource Development-Delhi, 2) Regional Passport Office, Maharastra and 3) Maharastra Home Department in order to get a final NORI from the Indian Embassy in Washington-D.C.-USA. Hence I am here by applying to you with the following documents and kindly request you to issue a NORI certificate for me from your office in order to support my Waiver application in USA.

1)      NORI form and Affidavit (USA Notary Public Notarized and Indian Consulate at BBBBB, USA Attested Original Copy)

2)      Copy of my current passport (Number: XXXXXXX)

3)      Copies of my Current J1 US visa, State Identification card (proof of current US address), DS-2019

4)      Copies of my Transcripts, Service Certificates, PAN card, Ration card and Birth Certificate

5)      Copy of my USCIS 212e waiver case number and

6)      A photo of mine

Your help and support in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Sincerely,

MMMMMM

Do I need the case number ? I have yet to file the DS3035 

Just briefly state your purpose of sending the packet to concerned authorities.

In that letter do I necessarily need to have a case number generated through the DS3035 filing ? I ask because I have yet to file that with the US Department of State and have yet not done so. 

In that letter do I necessarily need to have a case number generated through the DS3035 filing ? I ask because I have yet to file that with the US Department of State and have yet not done so. 

No need to send the DS3035 case no. It is no use sending the case no. to Indian authorities. This will be useful ONLY when you (or embassy) get all three NORIs from India. After this DS3035 case no. will be useful.

Mentioning the case number in the cover letter is not mandatory and moreover not going to be so useful during the NORI procedures in India. It is just to let them know you have already started the J1 Waiver procedures in US which may give them a mindset to speed up the processing from their end (just a speculative thought). Generating a case number is not trivial. Once you complete the online form, your case number will be generated. 

Archived