Regarding H1B Petition

cavaliers

Hi,

I had applied for H1 back in 2008 and my petition was approved.

I couldn't take the offer back then for some personal reasons. I recently came to US on L1.

The employer who applied my H1B before contacted me about an offer and he said that petition is still valid.

My question here is will the petition be valid? in general how many years is the approved h1B is valid?

If for some reason that H1 is still available, do I have to go out of the country to get the visa status changed? Will there be any problems?

Can some one please share some info?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I couldn't take the offer back then for some personal reasons. I recently came to US on L1.

The employer who applied my H1B before contacted me about an offer and he said that petition is still valid.

My question here is will the petition be valid? in general how many years is the approved h1B is valid?

If for some reason that H1 is still available, do I have to go out of the country to get the visa status changed? Will there be any problems?

Thanks in advance.

By law an employer has to revoke H1B petition if you have not reported to employer. Check the petition validity date and talk to an attorney first before you think of quitting L1 employer.

Hi,

Usually H1 is approved for 3 yrs. So I guess that petition should expire, but since you didn't work on H1 that employer can file a new H1 with COS and that will be cap exempt.

Archived