EB2 Porting

Hi,

Please help me to understand my eligibility for EB2 Category.

1. I have 3 year Bachelor’s Degree from Osmania University BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application). Completed in 2003.

2. I have Full time 2 year PGDIS Degree from Australian University (Post Graduate Diploma in Information Systems). Please note that this is a Fulltime PGDIS program (NOT A vocational/distance/part-time study). Completed in 2005.

3. I-140 Approved in EB3 Category in 2012.

4. As I am working in US since 2006 on H1B. I gained 7+ years of experience.

5. In 2014 – I have completed my balance courses from the same above Australian University and received my degree as “Master in Information Systems”.

6. A renowned USA based evaluator also reviewed my education documents along with experience letters and confirmed that I am eligible for EB2 category.

Now, I am planning to port my GC process from EB3 to EB2 with the same employer.

Questions:

1. Am I eligible to PORT to EB2 Category with Same Employer?
  2. If my employer does not want to port, Can I change to different employer and Port it EB2?
  3. If I want to go with step 2, what if my first employer cancels my I-140? Can I retain my Priority Date?

Questions:

1. Am I eligible to PORT to EB2 Category with Same Employer?
  2. If my employer does not want to port, Can I change to different employer and Port it EB2?
  3. If I want to go with step 2, what if my first employer cancels my I-140? Can I retain my Priority Date?

1. If its the same job then that depends on job criteria.

2. Again that new job should be eligible for EB2 category

3. You can.

The job with the same employer must be significantly different from the EB3 one. Only the attorney handling the case can make the determination if the specifics qualify.

50% or more different or different FEIN.

Attorney will advise you, but HR and/or your supervisor/manager will decide on role difference. When I used my experience with same employer, all that I had to do is full out my job responsibilities and just mention they were 50% off. Only you know the best of what you do and what you have done. Again for where I work, there is no standard role set and all roles are different. This is all done on good faith basis.

Archived