H1b pending since 2008 what are the options?

I have applied for my H1b in year 2008  and attended the interview in London. Embassy asked for some more documents which i sent to them but after that i haven't heard from them. When i check my status on USCIS website it is showing that they have sent a notice which was returned to them as undeliverable. Now, Is there any possibilities of getting h1b. Am i eligble for H1b cap exemption. If you see any possblities plz let me know. thanks in advance

I have applied for my H1b in year 2008  and attended the interview in London. Embassy asked for some more documents which i sent to them but after that i haven't heard from them. When i check my status on USCIS website it is showing that they have sent a notice which was returned to them as undeliverable. Now, Is there any possibilities of getting h1b. Am i eligble for H1b cap exemption. If you see any possblities plz let me know. thanks in advance

Employer has to file a cap exempt H1B petition and you would get the remainder years on H1B.

Received reply from US embassy states that Due to the length of time that has passed since you submitted your application, and as no contact from you was received, your application was administratively closed on February 3, 2011. As your application has now been administratively closed, if you wish to continue, you will be required to complete an entirely new application and pay a new Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee. Do i need to apply for the fresh H1b petition now . What are the options left ? Could yo plz also explain the validy or time frame of H1b in my case i got my petition accepted in 2008. Thanks

Received reply from US embassy states that Due to the length of time that has passed since you submitted your application, and as no contact from you was received, your application was administratively closed on February 3, 2011. As your application has now been administratively closed, if you wish to continue, you will be required to complete an entirely new application and pay a new Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee. Do i need to apply for the fresh H1b petition now . What are the options left ? Could yo plz also explain the validy or time frame of H1b in my case i got my petition accepted in 2008. Thanks

Nope. You are cap exempt. An employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition anytime.

Thanks for your reply. As six years are already through, Still Am i eligible for cap exempt?. If yes, than if a new employer apply for h1b transfer for how many years will i get for the visa. You have also mentioned above that i will get remainder years and in my case there are no remainder years left as applied in year 2008.Plz clarify . thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply. As six years are already through, Still Am i eligible for cap exempt?. If yes, than if a new employer apply for h1b transfer for how many years will i get for the visa. You have also mentioned above that i will get remainder years and in my case there are no remainder years left as applied in year 2008.Plz clarify . thanks in advance.

If you have not stayed in US on H1B status then you are eligible for the max allowed stay of 6 years.

Archived