H1B approved petition transferable to new employer without petition number?

sharnav7

My current employer filed H1B petition and it got approved in 2012 and its valid from Oct. 2012 to Sept. 2015. Now I’m changing job and moving to new employer.

My passport is not stamped and my current employer has not and will not share my petition number. Can I use this approved petition with my new employer and file under non-cap even without having petition number? I’m in India.

If possible,then what will be the process?

My current employer filed H1B petition and it got approved in 2012 and its valid from Oct. 2012 to Sept. 2015. Now I’m changing job and moving to new employer.

My passport is not stamped and my current employer has not and will not share my petition number. Can I use this approved petition with my new employer and file under non-cap even without having petition number? I’m in India.

If possible,then what will be the process?

You need petition details. File a FOIA with USCIS.

You need petition details. File a FOIA with USCIS.

Thanks for your reply.Is it possible to do it from India? What is the process and what all details would be required to file FOIA with USCIS? I just from a communication from my previous employer that my petetion is approved with validity from Oct. 2012 to Sep. 2015.

Thanks for your reply.Is it possible to do it from India? What is the process and what all details would be required to file FOIA with USCIS? I just from a communication from my previous employer that my petetion is approved with validity from Oct. 2012 to Sep. 2015.

Yes, it can be filed from India. Look up at USCIS website for FOIA.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it can be filed from India. Look up at USCIS website for FOIA.

Thanks for your reply! I looked on website and found that I need fill G-639 to get petition details from USCIS. I read it somewhere that they send the requested information in CD.Do you have idea if they are going to deliver/courier that CD to India?

If they don't send it to India,then do you know any anyone who can help me out in filing FOIA?

Thanks for your reply! I looked on website and found that I need fill G-639 to get petition details from USCIS. I read it somewhere that they send the requested information in CD.Do you have idea if they are going to deliver/courier that CD to India?

If they don't send it to India,then do you know any anyone who can help me out in filing FOIA?

I doubt that they will courier to India. You can take the help of an attorney who can file on your behalf.

Archived