L1B and H1B Visa

HarshuAmma

Need your advice on this.

I came to this country on L1B Visa through Employer A in june 2009, after 2 years of L1B stay I switched to employer B on H1B Visa. I'm on my third year of H1B Visa. My six year (L1 and H1) is getting max out by  june 2015

Employer B has mentioned that he will withdraw the petition if I leave the country.

Planning to go India 2014 June and come back after an year on H4. If Employer B withdraw the petition, will I be able to transfer my visa from H4 to H1 after getting a new job? If yes, how long I can work on my H1B visa ? will be 3 more years, the time left on H1B?

Will it be just 1 year, the time left with (H1B and L1)?

Appreciate any help!

Thanks

Pasu

Need your advice on this.

I came to this country on L1B Visa through Employer A in june 2009, after 2 years of L1B stay I switched to employer B on H1B Visa. I'm on my third year of H1B Visa. My six year (L1 and H1) is getting max out by  june 2015

Employer B has mentioned that he will withdraw the petition if I leave the country.

Planning to go India 2014 June and come back after an year on H4. If Employer B withdraw the petition, will I be able to transfer my visa from H4 to H1 after getting a new job? If yes, how long I can work on my H1B visa ? will be 3 more years, the time left on H1B?

Will it be just 1 year, the time left with (H1B and L1)?

Appreciate any help!

Thanks

Pasu

Yes, a new employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition. You will get 6 years - time spent on L1B and H1B. To get 6 years your new employer has to file a cap subject H1B petition after you spent a year outside US.

Archived