Confused with H1b process with 2 different employers. Please help

thejkumar005

Hi,

I really worried and writing in deep thinking.

I was going to H1b with 2 different employers unfortunately. Would like to know will it create a problem for me.

First I had accepted offer from Employer A. Later I got offer from Employer B which I thought it was better I accepted it too(By some how I did get contacted by Employer A from a long time to know the status and I din't get the chance to inform them about Employer B option that I have). Now problem is both are filing H1b's. They don't know each other that they are filing for me this year. Will it be a Problem.

Following to that I had few other questions here.

1) Will both the petitions treated as single one in Lottery. If No, Is there a chance that one get selected and one gets rejected(I would be happy in this situation)?

2) If both gets selected, While processing will I get RFE(Request for evidence) for asking why I was going with 2? This would be worst situation for me because I heard from some people both gets rejected because of this.

3) Is there a chance both gets approved? and can I go for only one H1b stamping which is been choose by myself? What would be the H1b cap count here will it be counted as 2 or 1?

4) I don't want to be in a direction of illegal here. Now I need your help how to proceed. What do you personally suggest here.

Multiple applications are only counted as one. Multiple applications won't increase the chances.

Either none or all will get selected.

And multiple applications increase the chance of RFEs and audits, due to suspicion of foul play, e.g., the beneficiary paying for the H1, which is illegal, or at least one of the employers not really having a project for the person.

It is always best to commit to one employer.

Hi,

Previously I had a H1 visa in last six years, but never traveled. My new petition for this year will be cap-exempt.

1. I have an offer from employer A and they filed a cap-exempt petition for normal processing (petition in process).

2. Now recently, I received another offer from employer B (for B's client) which is better than that of A and they offer me for the premium processing.

I want to take the best of the offers. If employer B files for another petition(cap-exmept), what are the chances of hurting the A's petition or that of B ? As I heard of multiple petitions receiving RFEs?

@Joef

"Multiple applications are only counted as one. Multiple applications won't increase the chances.

Either none or all will get selected."

Are you sure about this? Many of my friends are applying from multiple employers to improve chances. 

A bunch of people have this misconception. This is not like the Powerball lottery.

But multiple applications are only counted as one.

Multiple applications do not increase the chances.

On the contrary, they are decreasing the chances, because USCIS issues RFEs and does audits in these cases, because of suspicion of foul play, e.g., the beneficiary paying for the H1s, which is illegal, or the employers not having a project for them.

It is best to commit to one employer.

Archived