visa date at POE

neeta9

I have h4 stamping till 20th april. I just got my spouse's new 797 approval notice for another 3 yrs.

I'm travelling from India to USA next week and would like to know if the visa officer will stamp my i-94 with 20th april 14 (current visa stamp on my passport) or new h1b 797 dates (spouse's) with 3 yrs extension?

Also do I need to apply for h4 extension once I'm back or if Visa Officer gives me 3 yrs extension on i-94 will that suffice?

thanks

I have h4 stamping till 20th april. I just got my spouse's new 797 approval notice for another 3 yrs.

I'm travelling from India to USA next week and would like to know if the visa officer will stamp my i-94 with 20th april 14 (current visa stamp on my passport) or new h1b 797 dates (spouse's) with 3 yrs extension?

Also do I need to apply for h4 extension once I'm back or if Visa Officer gives me 3 yrs extension on i-94 will that suffice?

thanks

Show the copy of your spouse's I797 at POE. You would get I94 valid till expiry of I797. If not, you would need to apply for extension before I94 expiry.

Archived