Help: H1B Extension or H1B Transfer?

redmondran

Greetings All, 

Since i moved from company A , I am currently working in company B for last six months . I have H1 tenure left 1.4 months out of 6 yrs period .

When i move from company A , my perm was applied and not approved state. currently my Company A contact me to comeback since my perm is approved and they are ready to offer and willing to apply I140? Either i haven't see any progress with my current employer B.

I have valid visa stamped until May 22 2014  with company A. But i have new I797 and i94 until sep 2015.

Questions : 

1) Do i allowed to work with my old employer ?

2) If yes, do i need to apply H1 extension? or H1 transfer ? 

3) I heard that, h1 extension takes longer period ? than transfer ? what is ideal in my case 

4) if i go with extension, is there any chance of denail/query as USCIS/Labor verify my salary is not coming from Company A?

5)if i go with H1 transfer back to company A, then can i still use my perm approval to proceed further on I 140 app?

Thanks in  Advance 

ranga.

Greetings All, 

Since i moved from company A , I am currently working in company B for last six months . I have H1 tenure left 1.4 months out of 6 yrs period .

When i move from company A , my perm was applied and not approved state. currently my Company A contact me to comeback since my perm is approved and they are ready to offer and willing to apply I140? Either i haven't see any progress with my current employer B.

I have valid visa stamped until May 22 2014  with company A. But i have new I797 and i94 until sep 2015.

Questions : 

1) Do i allowed to work with my old employer ?

2) If yes, do i need to apply H1 extension? or H1 transfer ? 

3) I heard that, h1 extension takes longer period ? than transfer ? what is ideal in my case 

4) if i go with extension, is there any chance of denail/query as USCIS/Labor verify my salary is not coming from Company A?

5)if i go with H1 transfer back to company A, then can i still use my perm approval to proceed further on I 140 app?

Thanks in  Advance 

ranga.

1. Yes.

2. H1B extension or transfer is nothing but a new H1B petition that is cap exempt.

3. Same duration.

4. You need to provide latest pay stubs. Since you are working with company B provide those.

5. Even without moving to company A your I-140 can be processed by company A.

Archived