Port of entry issues - Arrest record

wsuab

I was arrested way back in 2008 for a misdemeanor assault in a domestic violence case. The cops just made me sit in their car for an hour or two and let me out. I was not convicted and the case was dismissed after the person withdrew the compliant. The case was dismissed w/o prejudice and I didn't have to face the judge. I didn't have to pay any fine or any do any work.

Now, I have my H1B stamped from Delhi and will be leaving to US in a week. I was asked about this in my visa interview and I presented them with all the court documents etc.

Will this be an issue for me at the POE which will be Chicago? Will this reflect in my record at the POE? I also have a common muslim name.

Please help.

I was arrested way back in 2008 for a misdemeanor assault in a domestic violence case. The cops just made me sit in their car for an hour or two and let me out. I was not convicted and the case was dismissed after the person withdrew the compliant. The case was dismissed w/o prejudice and I didn't have to face the judge. I didn't have to pay any fine or any do any work.

Now, I have my H1B stamped from Delhi and will be leaving to US in a week. I was asked about this in my visa interview and I presented them with all the court documents etc.

Will this be an issue for me at the POE which will be Chicago? Will this reflect in my record at the POE? I also have a common muslim name.

Please help.

Carry all court related documents. If asked show it at POE.

• 3 months later...

Archived