1040NR - Itemized deductions for IT consultants

onpath

Hi,

Hope someone on this forum can help me with this. I was filing 1040NR for an IT consultant from a major Indian consulting service that worked here. The exemptions that can be claimed are minimal (single, no dependents) and so is the refund.

I dont see any itemized deduction that can be claimed other then state taxes paid. Can someone please tell me if any of the below can be claimed as itemized deductions?

1. Social security tax from W2

2. Medicare from W2

Many thanks.

SS and Medicare taxes are NOT deductible.

Typically, a person without a house and mortgage interest and real extate taxes or huge medical bills benefits most from the standard deduction.

Taxes are what you must pay for the privilege of working in the US; if you don't want to pay them, choose a different country to work in.

SS and Medicare taxes are NOT deductible.

Typically, a person without a house and mortgage interest and real extate taxes or huge medical bills benefits most from the standard deduction.

Taxes are what you must pay for the privilege of working in the US; if you don't want to pay them, choose a different country to work in.

Calm down joe, taxes have already been paid in full. Only trying to get a legit refund here...

Calm down joe, taxes have already been paid in full. Only trying to get a legit refund here...

Hmm, you answered t75, but call her "joe"???

Did you confuse t75 and me?

You can never get back SSA and Medicare taxes. You are grasping at straws. To quote the great Samuel Clemens, aka Mark Twain: "The only things sure in life are death and taxes."

Hmm, you answered t75, but call her "joe"???

Did you confuse t75 and me?

You can never get back SSA and Medicare taxes. You are grasping at straws. To quote the great Samuel Clemens, aka Mark Twain: "The only things sure in life are death and taxes."

I knew I was answering t75 but did not know that t75 was a woman. Sorry about that, and thanks for the Mark Twain quote

Archived