Currently on G4: Applying for H1B:

VivekNarain

Hi,

Premise:

1. My family and I have a G4 visa expiring on April 9th 2014. My employer is going to apply for an extension till June 30th shortly. My G4 job is till June 30th. It is important to keep my G4 status to keep my salary and employment benefits.

2. I am also applying for H1B work visa before deadline of April 5, 2014.

3. We have tourist visas valid till 2018

4. My employment with H1B starts only upon approval or earlier, but not before July 1st 2014.

Questions:

1. Will there be any conflicts when my G4 extension is being applied for, in the light that my H1B visa application is also filed. Will I get my G4 extension?

2. Can I and my famly (who are also on G4 visa) travel out of USA on G4 visa and return, during G4 validity without affecting my H1B petition status.

3. Will it affect my current job and G4 visa status, if I go in for priority processing of H1B Visa and it comes through before June 30th 2014?

4. When my G4 visa expires on June 30th, I believe that I have 60 days to exit. Pending outcome of H1B petition, and if it is delayed beyond the 60 days period, do I need to exit the country so that I am not in conflict with any immigration laws. Is there a way to stay in the USA without violating any immigration norms.

5. What is the maximum delay in joining a H1B job after the visa is granted and stamped. Can I travel during the period intervening frm date of stamp and date of joining.

6. If I travel to India after June 30th, pending H1B status approval, can I enter USA to await my H1B decision.

Thank You and much appreciate a prompt response.

Best regards,

Archived