Getting married, on F1 OPT, question about getting marriage certificate

rohan123456

I am currently on F1 visa OPT. I have applied for 17 month extension and expecting to get it approved it soon. I am from India.

I am planning to get married sometime later this year. After that, I will apply for F2 visa for my wife. For that, I would need I-20, for which I need marriage certificate.

Can you please tell, is there a way to get marriage certificate quickly? I have heard that some people do court marriage first to get the certificate. Do I need to give any notice of marriage to court beforehand.

The reason for asking question is that the sooner the certificate comes, the better it is, since my vacation from job in India would be for shorter time.

I will be thankful for your answers.

I am currently on F1 visa OPT. I have applied for 17 month extension and expecting to get it approved it soon. I am from India.

I am planning to get married sometime later this year. After that, I will apply for F2 visa for my wife. For that, I would need I-20, for which I need marriage certificate.

Can you please tell, is there a way to get marriage certificate quickly? I have heard that some people do court marriage first to get the certificate. Do I need to give any notice of marriage to court beforehand.

The reason for asking question is that the sooner the certificate comes, the better it is, since my vacation from job in India would be for shorter time.

I will be thankful for your answers.

It would not take more than 2 to 3 days to get a marriage certificate issued from the Registrar of Marriages in India.

Archived