COS H4->F1 RFE

m_user

Hi Friends,

So I am pursuing the MS in Finance.

I am on H4 and applied fro COS to F1 on Jan 2014

I just received the RFE from USCIS saying asking for bunch of documents those were mostly of my sponsors documents like I-797, W2 etc. DSO didn't send those documents to USCIS in the first place (otherwise why would USCIS ask for it again).

I did sent all teh documents immediately to USCIS without DSO consulting because now its clear DSO doesn't know much about the doc requirement.

What is next procedure now? How much time it usualyy takes for USCIS to either approve or deny the COS?

In case if F1 is denied then can we re-apply or any other means to get it done?

I will appreciate if anybody can chip in their valueable suggestions?

Thanks in advance..

Hi Friends,

So I am pursuing the MS in Finance.

I am on H4 and applied fro COS to F1 on Jan 2014

I just received the RFE from USCIS saying asking for bunch of documents those were mostly of my sponsors documents like I-797, W2 etc. DSO didn't send those documents to USCIS in the first place (otherwise why would USCIS ask for it again).

I did sent all teh documents immediately to USCIS without DSO consulting because now its clear DSO doesn't know much about the doc requirement.

What is next procedure now? How much time it usualyy takes for USCIS to either approve or deny the COS?

In case if F1 is denied then can we re-apply or any other means to get it done?

I will appreciate if anybody can chip in their valueable suggestions?

Thanks in advance..

3 to 4 months based on current processing time.

Yes, you can reapply. But, what is the use if nothing has changed in your situation or documentation when compared with previous application?

Thanks Guyz..

@jairichi : The DSO may not have (and its a strongest doubt that I have) all the docs so my case might get rejected. So I need to find what DSO has screwed up? I have funny story about her knowledge. I will post it once this thing gets cleared.

@t75: It may sound good idea except I will have to apply from within and travel outside US to get stamped.

@JoeF: Yes, I agree. SO I called DSO and told her that USCIS has asked the documents those we had carried when she applied to F1 on behalf of us. She argued that she was doing what USCIS guidelines say. So then I called my immigration attorney seeking his advice and the first thing he said was We should have sent the sponsors documents in the first bunch itself. In fact he asked me why I didn't insist on her to send those documents? To which I had no answer.

Its agreed that DSO's are not attorneys so they may not have full kowledge and they work in their capacity. But here our (Students's) status and time is on line. its like a catch22 situation.

Thank you all for their inputs. I will update once i have results in hand.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

So Friends..Here is the update....

10th Jan I applied for COS H4 to F1

21 Jan DSO sent the papers to USCIS

Received RFE on 27th Mar for documents as mentioned above that DSO didn't accept and didn't send them to USCIS...

Sent documents to USCIS with 1 day delivery on 28th Mar so they must have received the documents by 31st Mar

I got I-539 approved today Apr 15th

So friends..conclusion is...DSO's don't know many things that USCIS needs. We have to be careful and insist that DSO should be sending the documents. If not we are in trouble.

Take care...

Archived