Need to travel on B1, but currently out of status(3 year bar)

siri85

Hi, 

I returned to india 2 years back as I became out of status and on 3 year bar due to unlawful presence in USA for more than 6 months. This happened due to my employer mistake in applying H1b.

In Chennai, I recently went for B1 visa stamping in Chennai and got it stamped for 10 years. I have provided correct info to Visa Officer on my out of status and didn't hide any.

Now I need to travel to USA on my B1 visa for company meetings and my 3 year bar will be completed my this September.

Can anyone suggest if I can travel now or should I wait until my 3 year bar is completed.

What would be side effects if I travel on my current B1 visa.

Please help on this.

Thanks,

Siri

Hi, 

I returned to india 2 years back as I became out of status and on 3 year bar due to unlawful presence in USA for more than 6 months. This happened due to my employer mistake in applying H1b.

In Chennai, I recently went for B1 visa stamping in Chennai and got it stamped for 10 years. I have provided correct info to Visa Officer on my out of status and didn't hide any.

Now I need to travel to USA on my B1 visa for company meetings and my 3 year bar will be completed my this September.

Can anyone suggest if I can travel now or should I wait until my 3 year bar is completed.

What would be side effects if I travel on my current B1 visa.

Please help on this.

Thanks,

Siri

Mere issuance of a visa will not allow you to enter US. You still can be stopped at POE. Talk to an attorney before you travel now or later.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the replies.

@omshiv: my attorney is murthy law firm and I came to know about the bar from murthy only.

@t75: is there any case you heard like this about stamping, what made you surprise, i am curious to understand what made you so clear on this stamping. I have provided lot of documentation to clarify the consulate.

@ all: did you guys hear of anyone of similar case who was stopped at POE.

Archived