NORI documents

veeus18

Hello what are all the documents to be sent to offices in India along with attested NORI application?

So far I have this list-

A cover letter, resume, copy of DS2019, J1 visa, old and new passport copy, educational certificates (is this for degrees both from US and India?). Should I get the transcripts from the US school notarized or apply for transcripts to the school and get sealed copies? For Indian transcripts, can I just send in originals (I have multiple copies when I came here) or can I make copies of originals and get those notarized.

Is there anything else?

Appreciate your responses.

Hello what are all the documents to be sent to offices in India along with attested NORI application?

So far I have this list-

A cover letter, resume, copy of DS2019, J1 visa, old and new passport copy, educational certificates (is this for degrees both from US and India?). Should I get the transcripts from the US school notarized or apply for transcripts to the school and get sealed copies? For Indian transcripts, can I just send in originals (I have multiple copies when I came here) or can I make copies of originals and get those notarized.

Is there anything else?

Appreciate your responses.

Send copies of US degree certificate. Do not send any originals.

Thanks Jairichi. Question is as far as academics go, is that all I need to send - U.S. degree certificates. No need to send transcripts from here, or any Indian degree cert. or transcript? Please clarify.

Also in letter explaining why 2 year rule does not apply - is it sufficient to say, all expenses related to coming to U.S. and education to obtain PhD etc. were personal expenses and/or through graduate school fellowships, as such I do not have an obligation to return. I could also say I have promising professional opportunities here that I would like to build upon.

Is there anything else I should add? Please advise.

Best.

Thanks Jairichi. Question is as far as academics go, is that all I need to send - U.S. degree certificates. No need to send transcripts from here, or any Indian degree cert. or transcript? Please clarify.

Also in letter explaining why 2 year rule does not apply - is it sufficient to say, all expenses related to coming to U.S. and education to obtain PhD etc. were personal expenses and/or through graduate school fellowships, as such I do not have an obligation to return. I could also say I have promising professional opportunities here that I would like to build upon.

Is there anything else I should add? Please advise.

Best.

Generally you can send copies of all educational transcripts and certificates along with NORI form. I had attached a notarized copy of my PhD degree certificate (in French) and a certified translation. There is no need to explain to them why a waiver is sought. They do have good knowledge about it. But, no harm in mentioning it.

• 1 month later...

Hi 

I too have a question regarding sending documents to India from here in the US. I understand that I need to send copies of passport, DS-2019, degree certificates along with the NORI forms. Will the copies that have been notarized by a Notary office here in the US suffice or do they need to attested by someone in India? 

Any suggestions from those who have sent documents to India is much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi 

I too have a question regarding sending documents to India from here in the US. I understand that I need to send copies of passport, DS-2019, degree certificates along with the NORI forms. Will the copies that have been notarized by a Notary office here in the US suffice or do they need to attested by someone in India? 

Any suggestions from those who have sent documents to India is much appreciated.

Thanks

A notary from US is sufficient.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived