L2 to (H4 or H1 ) Conversion.

bhs

Dear Team,

I am having valid L1B visa till Feb 2015. I am currently planning to bring my spouse to USA on L2 (between April - June 2014).

I am planning to apply H1B for me this year, If i get H1 visa, 

1. What will be the status of my spouse from October 2014 onwards?

2. For my spouse to stay in USA, should i apply for H4 (dependent visa) before October 2014? 

3. Should my spouse travel outside USA to get the dependent H4 visa?

4. If my spouse needs to convert from L2 to H1, Is it possible to do it from June 2014 onwards? (Considering the high number of applicaitons being filed this year)?

Thank you

BHS.

Dear Team,

I am having valid L1B visa till Feb 2015. I am currently planning to bring my spouse to USA on L2 (between April - June 2014).

I am planning to apply H1B for me this year, If i get H1 visa, 

1. What will be the status of my spouse from October 2014 onwards?

2. For my spouse to stay in USA, should i apply for H4 (dependent visa) before October 2014? 

3. Should my spouse travel outside USA to get the dependent H4 visa?

4. If my spouse needs to convert from L2 to H1, Is it possible to do it from June 2014 onwards? (Considering the high number of applicaitons being filed this year)?

Thank you

BHS.

1. If your H1B petition is approved as change of status and if you have not filed a COS for your spouse to H4 then she will be out of status.

2. Only after your H1B approval she can apply for H4 visa.

3. If applied as COS and approved there is no need.

4. No way. She has to wait for next year if she has not been cap counted once.

Dear team,

Thank you very much for the response,

If my spouse comes to USA on Fresh L2 on June 2014, if i apply for H4 after i get my 'H1 visa through Change of status'.

She does not need to go out side USA to get her H4.

Is my understanding correct?

Thank you

BHS.

Dear team,

Thank you very much for the response,

If my spouse comes to USA on Fresh L2 on June 2014, if i apply for H4 after i get my 'H1 visa through Change of status'.

She does not need to go out side USA to get her H4.

Is my understanding correct?

Thank you

BHS.

Yes, that is correct.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just a piece of information that I would like to share.....(I cannot start a new forum so I am just replying to this one, although my information isn't relevant to this forum)

I recently faced an issue with automated I-94.....My first name was spelled incorrectly so in in order to have it corrected I called USCIS , scheduled a Infopass appointment (which was 15 days from the date I scheduled the appointment), and visited USCIS.

On the visit I was told to contact 'Deferred Inspection' and was given the contact details. As per experience I believe Deferred Inspection is a wing of CBP (Custom Border Protection) which has an on-duty officer. 

The contact number for Deferred Inspection is 972-973-9846

and they are located at the Gate D22 of the DFW airport. ( As I live in Dallas this was the nearest DI center to me)

I called the DI number and spoke to the CBP officer, who asked me to come in with a list of documents the following day.

On meeting the officer I got my spelling corrected.

I wanted to share this so that others can save time and call DI, instead of waiting to get the information from USCIS.

Thanks !

Archived