Visa stamping if working for a company other than the one on current stamp?

different2une

Hello, I currently have a valid stamping on my H1-B from Company-A. During my last trip to India in Oct 2012, I had my visa stamped. After a couple of months, Company-B then acquired Company-A and my H1-B was transferred to Company-B. I have a valid 797-A document from Company-B.

My questions is, do I need to get my VISA stamped on my upcoming visit to India or can I carry my current H1-B with a valid stamp and my 797-A and present that to Immigration upon re-entry?

--Vicky

Hello, I currently have a valid stamping on my H1-B from Company-A. During my last trip to India in Oct 2012, I had my visa stamped. After a couple of months, Company-B then acquired Company-A and my H1-B was transferred to Company-B. I have a valid 797-A document from Company-B.

My questions is, do I need to get my VISA stamped on my upcoming visit to India or can I carry my current H1-B with a valid stamp and my 797-A and present that to Immigration upon re-entry?

--Vicky

As long as your current H1B visa is valid and you have a new I797 there is no need for visa stamping.

Archived