OPT to H1

SDR84

I am graduating with US masters degree in May '14.

1. I found an employer who is willing to process my H1 in 2014 in general quota.
  2. I am also trying my luck with other employers who are willing to process my H1 in 2015 as backup plan just in case I am not through this year.

Assume that I get through h1 lottery (case 1) and I find another awesome employer (case 2) and I want to join the employer from case 2. Can I cancel my H1 I got from employer in case 1 and continue on OPT till  2015 and file the H1 with that employer then? If not what are other options I have to join with employer from case 2.

Thanks for your help.

Shanti

I am graduating with US masters degree in May '14.

1. I found an employer who is willing to process my H1 in 2014 in general quota.
  2. I am also trying my luck with other employers who are willing to process my H1 in 2015 as backup plan just in case I am not through this year.

Assume that I get through h1 lottery (case 1) and I find another awesome employer (case 2) and I want to join the employer from case 2. Can I cancel my H1 I got from employer in case 1 and continue on OPT till  2015 and file the H1 with that employer then? If not what are other options I have to join with employer from case 2.

That doesn't matter. But how can you work for two employers if both H1's are approved. Do you think that second employer will simple let you go after filing your H1??

Archived