221G white Slip Employment verification @ Ottawa

gmicky

I had my H1b Renewal interview yesterday. I received 221G white slip.

I was asked normal questions like who is your employer, who is your client, where did i do my masters, roles and responsibilities.

They didn't see a  single document. The VO said he need to do employment verification. What documents do you think they might ask me and the processing time. Anyone had this issue before. Kindly suggest me.

My H1b visa was approved last time in the same consulate with the same employer and same client.

Thanks

sow

I had my H1b Renewal interview yesterday. I received 221G white slip.

I was asked normal questions like who is your employer, who is your client, where did i do my masters, roles and responsibilities.

They didn't see a  single document. The VO said he need to do employment verification. What documents do you think they might ask me and the processing time. Anyone had this issue before. Kindly suggest me.

My H1b visa was approved last time in the same consulate with the same employer and same client.

Thanks

sow

If they have not asked for documents there is nothing you can do other than wait for their email or do their verification. No set processing time limit.

HI sow_visa

I have an appointement on april 9th at ottawa.

your post put me in a dilema wether to go or not..?

you said you and your friend got a 221G white right..it means what ?

did you get an email from the consulate requesting any documents..?

please reply.

Do not worry. Situations are not the same for everyone. Go ahead for your visa interview.

I have no vendors. Employer and direct client. 

I got "Notice of Suspension 221G, Pending Further Processing" 

I received an email from embassy requesting documents of pay stubs, client information. 

Good to know that there is progress. Inform your employer/attorney and get those relevant information and submit to consulate.

Ottawa is good place . I got my visa approval on March 28th and VO didnt ask any question to me except what's your highest degree and from which college ? No questions related to H1B or employer. Me and my husband went there together and my husband is on H4 so visa officer just asked him few normal quetions like do u guys have any kids and where did he study ? Thats it. Now we are waiting for our passport pick up.

HI sow_visa

I have an appointement on april 9th at ottawa.

your post put me in a dilema wether to go or not..?

you said you and your friend got a 221G white right..it means what ?

did you get an email from the consulate requesting any documents..?

please reply.

No need to worry, you are good. Each case is different. What I have seen from my personal experience is Ottawa consulate is very good at responding for any queries and are also pretty fast in getting 221g cleared.

My friend got a 221g white, which was cleared in 2 days after they contacted client for verification of employment. so be relaxed and as long as your document are correct you have a very good chance of getting visa.

Remember the key always be confident while anwering.

• 2 months later...

hi SOW_VISA

I AM STUCK IN ottawa with same case.on may 29th  i was not issued any 221g but was approved with VO telling me that my pims is not updated. and i will be able to collect my passport next week. but next week on 5th june i got an email from embassy requesting for docs of my h1b petition, pay stubs, client info.

i did submitted all docs but heard nothing from embassy. they havent even contacted my client..please can you let me know how much time it took for u..when embassy contacts the client and by what email address they send email.

thank you

• 3 weeks later...

@sow_visa your chances are very for approval. I am sorry to hear that you got 221G, however your case will be cleared soon.

I have no vendors. Employer and direct client. 

I got "Notice of Suspension 221G, Pending Further Processing" 

I received an email from embassy requesting documents of pay stubs, client information. 

Is your 140 approved? Is this your 1st time h1b stamp? Is your company desi consulting firm?

hi SOW_VISA

I AM STUCK IN ottawa with same case.on may 29th  i was not issued any 221g but was approved with VO telling me that my pims is not updated. and i will be able to collect my passport next week. but next week on 5th june i got an email from embassy requesting for docs of my h1b petition, pay stubs, client info.

i did submitted all docs but heard nothing from embassy. they havent even contacted my client..please can you let me know how much time it took for u..when embassy contacts the client and by what email address they send email.

thank you

Any updates on your case? Its june 23rd now !

Archived