Indian Embassy-NOS not reached DOS

J1waiver205

Hello all. The Indian embassy sent the NOS for J1 waiver on 27th Feb to DOS. I can see all other documents as 'received' on DOS J1 waiver website. However, the NOS has not reached yet. It is almost one month now. What to do? Does it normally take this long for NOS to reach DOS? Could you please share your time line for the J1 waiver? Thanks.

It took less time in the past (until 2013 end) for DOS to update the online status once they receive the NOS and to issue a favorable recommendation. However in 2014, DOS is taking more time (even for the online status update) due to unknown reasons. On average it takes 3-4 weeks to make the updation online in 2014. So you may wait for one more week and still if the status is not updated, you may write an email to 212ewaiver@state.gov. Usually they respond in 5 business days. However, if they had received your NOS, they mostly won't respond. If they didn't receive the NOS, they will provide their fax number to you to request Indian Embassy to fax the NOS. Hope this information helps.

It took less time in the past (until 2013 end) for DOS to update the online status once they receive the NOS and to issue a favorable recommendation. However in 2014, DOS is taking more time (even for the online status update) due to unknown reasons. On average it takes 3-4 weeks to make the updation online in 2014. So you may wait for one more week and still if the status is not updated, you may write an email to 212ewaiver@state.gov. Usually they respond in 5 business days. However, if they had received your NOS, they mostly won't respond. If they didn't receive the NOS, they will provide their fax number to you to request Indian Embassy to fax the NOS. Hope this information helps.

Hey, thank you for the reply.

Sorry but I forgot to mention before I already had emailed them and they told me that Indian embassy can fax them.

I forwarded that email to Indian embassy email ID. The authority wrote back that he has mailed DOS on 27th Feb and after I sent email, faxed the NOS to DOS on 20th March 2014.

However still no update on DOS website.

From 20th March I have been mailing the 212e email id daily, however, they are not responding back.

I am not understanding what to do?

Even after Indian embassy faxes to DOS, it takes long time to update on website?

Thanks for help.

So NOS was faxed on 20th March, 2014 in your case. You may expect an update this week (wait until Friday). Because DOS takes average 15 days in 2014 to update the NOS online after they receive the fax copy from embassy. Since you didn't hear back from DOS, it is understood that they have received your NOS. Good Luck. 

So NOS was faxed on 20th March, 2014 in your case. You may expect an update this week (wait until Friday). Because DOS takes average 15 days in 2014 to update the NOS online after they receive the fax copy from embassy. Since you didn't hear back from DOS, it is understood that they have received your NOS. Good Luck. 

Thnx a ton man!!!

Yeh I could see that DOS received NOS on 26th March.....now wait starts.....:)

Archived