Can I travel to India(H1B expires on Sep 14, 2014) & H1B Extension needed?

vishnu_ramanathan

Hi Guys,

I am in my first H1B Visa and it expires on Sep 14, 2014 (3 years).  I am planning to travel to india for my marriage in May mid to June mid (or) may end to june end.  

My Questions are,

- Do I have any issues when I am returning? 

- Also do i need to apply for H1B extension now?  Before September if i go and return there is no need of any stamping right?  

- Will H1B extension help me in anyways? 

I can get client letter from my current client.  Plz. advice !!

Thanks & Regards,

Vishnu

Hi Guys,

I am in my first H1B Visa and it expires on Sep 14, 2014 (3 years).  I am planning to travel to india for my marriage in May mid to June mid (or) may end to june end.  

My Questions are,
- Do I have any issues when I am returning? 
- Also do i need to apply for H1B extension now?  Before September if i go and return there is no need of any stamping right?  
- Will H1B extension help me in anyways? 

I can get client letter from my current client.  Plz. advice !!

Thanks & Regards,
Vishnu

1. With what you said no issues.

2. Yes. It is better for employer to file for extension.

3. No issue.

Jairichi,

Thanks for your quick reply.  A quick question if i apply for H1B extension then its mandatory to get stamping right, if I am going out of USA as my I94/I797 got changed?

Not mandatory, unless your current H1B visa expires before your entry back to US. Only when you change status it is advised not to travel as COS would be considered abandoned. It would be better if you can get the H1B extension approval before you leave US. Even otherwise there is no issue.

Archived