One week trip to Canada on J1

kasimKakman

Hi

I am a student on J1 in a US school. My DS-2019  expires on September 1st 2014 and my I-94 is also valid till the same date.

I have a conference in Canada from April 8 - April 14.  I just received Canadian Visa.

What i don't have is US visa to return US after April 14th.

I just found out about automatic revalidation

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/automatic-revalidation.html

It seems i satisfy the two requirements of 

traveling for less than 30 days and

Valid I-94

I just wanted to confirm with experts like you. Please advise

Note that i have not traveled outside US since 2008. That is why i am a little bit uncomfortable. Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks very much

Hi

I am a student on J1 in a US school. My DS-2019  expires on September 1st 2014 and my I-94 is also valid till the same date.

I have a conference in Canada from April 8 - April 14.  I just received Canadian Visa.

What i don't have is US visa to return US after April 14th.

I just found out about automatic revalidation

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/automatic-revalidation.html

It seems i satisfy the two requirements of 

traveling for less than 30 days and

Valid I-94

I just wanted to confirm with experts like you. Please advise

Note that i have not traveled outside US since 2008. That is why i am a little bit uncomfortable. Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks very much

You are good to go.

Thank you very much jairichi

I want to ask if i have to do anything particular at the Airport before departing for immigration. I believe NSEER registration is no longer done.

In short, i want to ask if there are any immigration formalities that i MUST take care of before departing from US.

Thanks a lot again.

I want to ask if i have to do anything particular at the Airport before departing for immigration. I believe NSEER registration is no longer done.

In short, i want to ask if there are any immigration formalities that i MUST take care of before departing from US.

Who will put the exit stamp?

Thanks a lot again.

Thanks a lot again.

Who will put the exit stamp?

Archived